Friday, September 9, 2011

Badgers not overlooking Beavers


Holding strong after a season-opening trouncing of University of Nevada-Las Vegas, the Wisconsin football team is looking for similar success against the Oregon State Beavers Saturday at Camp Randall Stadium.
While the Badgers opened their season under the lights with a dominant 51-17 win over UNLV, Oregon State struggled against the Sacramento State Hornets and fell, 29-28.
In light of the Beavers’ loss, the Badgers are bracing for a fired up OSU squad.
“I expect them to be riled up for a [No. 8] Wisconsin Badger team, coming into Camp Randall, trying to quiet everybody down,” center Peter Konz said. “They’re still a Pac-12 team. They’re still the upset team that everybody talks about. We’re not forgetting anything about that.”
“I expect them to be fired up,” wide receiver Jared Abbrederis said. “I think if I would lose a game, I would want to come out there and give everything I had in the next game. I feel like they’re going to come in here and be a new team. I think they’re going to show people who they really are and what they can do. We have to ready for them. They’re going to be a good opponent for us.“
Instead of consistently focusing on what the other team is doing, Wisconsin is intent on focusing on their preparations the same way, week in and week out.
“I like the way our guys have practiced all week,” head coach Bret Bielema said. “No matter if we’re playing Oregon State, Northern Illinois, after that South Dakota — I think our guys have really bought into it doesn’t matter what happens on the other side of the ball, it’s about what we do, how we prepare.”
Last week, Wisconsin made a statement in a 51-17 win with 499 yards of total offense while only allowing 292 on defense.
I am confident that the Badgers will put on another impressive showing.  GO BUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: