It’s time once again for my take on the top 25 NCAA football teams. Is your favorite team still ranking? I hope so. Our Wisconsin Badgers dropped out of my ranking here. Until they find a way to win, or find a capable quarterback, we may have seen the last of Bucky on this list.
1. Florida State- This is a weak year if this is the best team in the country.
2. Auburn- Big one this weekend against Mississippi State
3. Mississippi- Beat Alabama and did the world a huge favor in the process
4. Mississippi State- Will shock the world when they run Auburn out of the building this weekend and wake up Monday morning as the number one ranked team in America
5. Baylor- Big one coming this weekend against TCU. Winner of that game will win the Big 12.
6. TCU- With the playoff, they could finally get their shot at the national championship
7. Arizona- The Wildcats have been the luckiest team in America to this point. But will their luck run out this weekend against USC?
8. Oregon- They have a big one coming against UCLA after the slip up last weekend.
9. Michigan State- I am still waiting for the mistake from this team that is surely coming as it has every year except last year. Purdue could be it this weekend.
10. Alabama- The Crimson Tide are going to lose two in a row this weekend when they travel to take on Arkansas and we will finally be able to write Alabama out of the national championship picture.
11. Georgia Tech- So far, the Yellow Jackets have been the biggest surprise in the nation. They get a test in Duke this weekend.
12. Notre Dame- The Irish are going to run circles around a really bad Tar Heel defense on Saturday
13. Marshall- The Thundering Herd anybody?
14. Oklahoma- They got dragged up and down the field by TCU last weekend. Now they get a thin Texas team in the Red River Shootout this weekend that has lost its luster.
15. Washington- The may score 70 points this weekend against California.
16. UCLA- Brett Hundley’s stock is falling.
17. Georgia- This is the best running game in the country.
18. Kansas State- After an early season surge they are fading.
19. Nebraska- Not sure what to think of the Cornhuskers right now
20. Duke- They can get back to their winning ways this weekend against Georgia Tech
21. Ohio State- After an early season debacle, this offense is getting better.
22. Minnesota- Can they run their way to a Big Ten Championship game appearance?
23. Oklahoma State- They have been very quiet so far but can make some noise with a late surge.
24. Texas A&M- There may not be a more overrated player in the nation right now then Kenny Hill.
25. Rutgers- Another quiet team that could make some late noise.