There may be some better football factories across the nation in places such as Alabama, Oregon, Ohio State, Florida State, and LSU, but the Badgers still have produced some pretty darn good players over the years. Let's look at the current Badgers in the NFL, and rank the best of the bunch.
1. J.J. Watt/DE/Houston Texans- Of course, the monster from Waukesha, Wisconsin starts this list. 6'5”, 289 pounds, and if' he is only 6'5”, then Charles Barkley is skinny. Listen, I think Aaron Rodgers is awesome. Heck, I believe he might be the greatest pure quarterback to ever put on a football uniform, but right now, at this moment, J. J. Watt is the best football player in the world.
2. Joe Thomas/OT/Cleveland Browns- The one thing the Badgers are known for is lineman. There is not a better offensive lineman in the NFL right now than Joe Thomas of the Cleveland Browns. Thomas is an 8 time All-Pro, and the only offensive lineman in NFL history to be named to the Pro Bowl in each of his first eight seasons.
3. Russell Wilson/QB/Seattle Seahawks- Yes, Wilson only spent one season in Madison, but he still technically was a Badger and as a result, he qualifies for this list. Wilson is an undersized but highly intelligent quarterback. The question is how will he perform, when he is no longer on a loaded roster in a couple of years?
4. DeAndre Levy/OLD/Detroit Lions- This past offseason DeAndre Levy ranked 66th on the NFL top 100 players list. Levy has been a great player for a long time, and last season was one of his best ever. He finished 2014 with 151 tackles, good for second best league wide.
5. Travis Frederick/C/Dallas Cowboys- Many thought the Cowboys 2013 first round selection of Frederick was a disaster at the time. Oh boy, were they wrong. Frederick has started every game of his NFL career so far and was an All-Pro a year ago. Frederick is quickly emerging as the best center in the league.