Saturday, March 12, 2016

NCAA Tournament Picks 2016 | Who Will Make it to The Final Game?



Tournament 2016
Well, here we are, another edition of the March Madness, also known as the greatest four days in sports, is upon us. Here is a summary of what my bracket looks like. Will we see an upset that takes out most of the brackets in the first round? Will things go according to plan? 

In round one, I have all four number one seeds advancing as well as all four number two seeds. The lowest seed I have winning in round one, is 14th seeded Stephen F. Austin in the East Region. I have them defeating West Virginia in round one. In round two, believe it or not, I have them defeating Michigan and advancing to the Sweet 16. In addition to that, I have a pair of 13 seeds in the Sweet 16. First we have Hawaii out of the South Region. I really like this Hawaii team. They are anchored by three veteran guards in Roderick Bobbitt, Aaron Valdez, and Quincy Smith. Their leading scorer is their big man; 6'11” forward Stefan Jankovic at 15.7 points per game. In round one, I have Hawaii defeating the California Golden Bears. In round two, I have them defeating the South Dakota State Jackrabbits, after they themselves dispatch of 5th seeded Maryland in round one. Once a national championship and number one seed favorite, the Terrapins are going backwards at the wrong time. The other 13th seed is out of the Midwest Region, the Iona Gaels. In round one I have Iona defeating 4th seeded Iowa State, and in round two I have them defeating 5th seeded Purdue. Not all four number one seeds make it to the second weekend in my bracket. In round two, the 9th Providence Friars stun the North Carolina Tar Heels in my bracket.

As we move into the second weekend, the seasons of all three of my mid-major underdogs come to a close. I have Hawaii getting bounced by Kansas, Iona getting beat by Virginia, and Stephen F. Austin getting dispatched of by Xavier, all in the Sweet 16. I have Seton Hall, the 6th seed in the Midwest, upsetting Michigan State in the Sweet 16, a trendy pick for the national champion by many. In the Elite 8 I have Miami defeating Kansas, Oregon defeating Oklahoma, Virginia defeating Seton Hall, and Xavier defeating Providence to get to the Final Four.

In the Final Four, in my first match up, I have Miami going against Oregon. The Ducks will win this game by a score of 83-75. In the other Final Four match up, I have Virginia going against North Carolina. That will be the classic “Tortoise vs. Hare” match up, with the hare winning 76-70. In the National Championship game Oregon will defeat Virginia by the score of 74-63. Can you say "quack quack"?

No comments: